Priorities of White House Office of National Control Policy
By José Esquibel
The Biden-Harris Administration has released information on the priorities of the Office of National Control Policy (ONDCP). There is recognition that the COVID-19 pandemic has exacerbated the addiction and overdose crisis in the United States. ONCDP will have these policy priorities:
- The Workforce: Advancing recovery-ready workplaces and expanding the addiction workforce.
- Racial Equity: Confronting racial equity issues related to drug policy.
- Prevention: Supporting evidence-based prevention efforts, related to both supply and demand reduction.
- Harm Reduction: Enhancing evidence-based harm reduction efforts.
- Treatment: Expanding access to evidence-based treatment, including by lifting burdensome restrictions on medications for opioid use disorder
Regina LaBelle is serving as the Acting Director of ONDCP until the Senate confirms Biden’s appointee.
Read the following reports for a few more details: