Grant Writing Assistance
Apply now for 2021 grants
The grant writing assistance program resumed April 1, 2021, and will continue through Dec. 31, 2021, or until funds are expended, whichever comes first.
The Consortium prioritizes organizations located in or serving rural and frontier counties in Colorado (see this list of counties for more information), as well as small nonprofits in urban counties. Eligible applicants are local government and nonprofit organizations that provide community-based services related to the prevention, harm reduction, intervention, treatment, and/or recovery of substance use disorders, with limited in-house grant writing capacity, and in good standing with the Colorado Secretary of State.
*At this time, county governments in urban counties and for-profit organizations are not eligible applicants.
Eligible applicants are local government and nonprofit organizations with limited budgets and without in-house grant writing capacity, inclusive of the following:
- A recognized American Indian Tribe with a government seat within the boundaries of the State of Colorado.
- A county government or an agency thereof.
- A municipal government or agency thereof.
- A community coalition with a mission to address the prevention, harm reduction, intervention, or treatment of opioid and other substance use disorders or related recovery support services either a 501c3 status, or a fiscal agent that is a government agency, or an organization in good standing with the Colorado Secretary of State.
- A nonprofit organization, in good standing with the Colorado Secretary of State, that provides community-based services related to the prevention, harm reduction, intervention, treatment, and/or recovery of substance use disorders.
At this time, for-profit corporations are not eligible applicants.
- Organizations must review the program guide before applying.
- Both the organization applying for grant funding AND the grant itself must be related to the prevention, harm reduction, intervention, treatment, and/or recovery of substance use disorders.
- Organizations must complete one application per grant they are interested in. Every grant must have its own application.
- Application must be completed at least 3 weeks prior to the deadline of the grant for which you are applying.
- Organization must not have a grant writer on staff.
- Grants that organizations are applying for must be $10,000 or more.
Building on success
From August 2019 through October 2020, 78 organizations received assistance at a cost of $213,114.
23 organizations were successful in winning 30 grant awards amounting to a total of $5,526,325 representing a 24:1 return on investment of money expended on the assistance.
Colorado Grant Resources
- Colorado grant resources
- Colorado COVID-19 Relief Funds List – Philanthropy Colorado
- Community Resource Center – List of COVID-19 Relief Grants
- Colorado Non-profits CARES Act Assistance Form
Questions or More Information?
If you would like to be added to the Consortium list to receive grant announcements, please use our contact form to sign up. Select “Join a Work Group or Mailing List” and then select “Receive Grant Announcements” from the list.
Questions can be directed to email@example.com with the subject “Grant Writing Assistance.”