Grant Writing Assistance
The Colorado Consortium for Prescription Drug Abuse Prevention can help community organizations obtain grants by providing grant writing assistance.
2020 Colorado Grant Writing Assistance for Prevention, Intervention, Treatment, and Recovery of Substance Use Disorders
Senate Bill 19-228 provided funds to the Center for Prescription Drug Abuse Prevention to assist with grants for prevention, harm reduction intervention, treatment, and recovery of substance use disorders. These funds are intended to aid local government and non-profit organizations with grant writing services when applying for funding to address opioid and other substance use disorders in their communities. House Bill 20-1411 extended the program through December 30, 2020.
Eligible applicants are local government and non-profit organizations with limited budgets and limited in-house grant writing capacity. Priority preference will be given to those organizations located in or serving rural and frontier counties in Colorado or serving traditionally underserved communities.
At this time, private corporations are not eligible to apply.
Approval for grant writing assistance funding is determined by the Center based on the following criteria:
- Prospective grant funding opportunity is directly related to the prevention, harm reduction, intervention, treatment, or recovery services associated with opioid and other substance use disorders;
- Applicant organization does not have a grant writer on staff;
- Applicant organization is in good standing with the state;
- The grant for which funding is sought must have a minimum $10,000 award.
How to Apply
If you have a grant application that you would like assistance with, please submit the brief Grant Writing Assistance Form between July 13, 2020 and December 11, 2020. Grant assistance must be requested at least 3 weeks prior to the submission deadline of the grant, except for small pandemic relief fund applications.
Funds are available on an ongoing basis through December 30, 2020 or until all dollars are allocated to grant writing services.
Colorado Grant Resources
- Colorado grant resources
- Colorado COVID-19 Relief Funds List – Philanthropy Colorado
- Community Resource Center – List of COVID-19 Relief Grants
- Colorado Non-profits CARES Act Assistance Form
Questions or More Information?
If you would like to be added to the Consortium list to receive grant announcements, please click ‘Receive Grant Announcements’
Questions can be directed to email@example.com with the subject “Grant Writing Assistance”